Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beginning to End...to Beginning!

I have greatly enjoyed the final presentations given by my classmates. This is a wonderful assessment in that it benefits the presenter, the teacher, and the rest of the class all at the same time. It is so neat to hear about the experiences and conclusions made by my classmates throughout the semester. Thanks for the "My Life as a Mythic Detective" assignment, Dr. Sexson!

I found the presentations on creation and initiation myths were valuable as well. I have found the more opportunities one has to speak publicly, the better one becomes at public speaking. Amazing! Plus memorizing the myths made the experience especially unique and memorable.

It was wonderful to have Dr. Sexson memorize our names. Never has a teacher done this before. It was a blessing to each one of us, and you have inspired me to do the same thing in my future classrooms.

If I were to describe this class, I would describe it as an experience. It is not comparable to other classes because they are simply classes. There was a beginning, middle, and end, and now that we have undergone such an experience, we are changed. Having all partaken in the journey, there seems to be a comraderie among the classmates, even if we do not know one another.

One of my favorite memories was during the beginning of the year when Professor Sexson proclaimed, with a twinkle in his eyes, that we were going to have fun. What a relief such a word is to the student's ear!

I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to go to the performance of Dr. Turner and to have him speak in class. In one of my classes this semester, we have been required to read several pieces of our writing. Through this, I have come to see how special it is to hear the writer read his/her own words. I recognized this greatly when hearing Dr. Turner read his poetry... It is so neat that Dr. Sexson allowed us to spend time with his dear friend.

Thanks for teaching this semester, Dr. Sexson!
-Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment